• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oktoberfest is here

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have emotional ties to Sam Adams Oktoberfest as it reminds me of watching football. I will have to take a look around and get a few more.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Schaefer

Because it's the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

We used to get this is college because it was dirt cheap. Shaefer heavy might be one of the worst things I have ever drank. The shaefer light was passable and good for drinking games, but I will be pretty happy in life if I never have to drink one again.

Sam octoberfest is always the go to for me , if u like that they just came out with a harvest pumpkin ale which I hate to say it but I kinda like it better. Shipyard was to sweet for my taste ,I would compare it to drinking a pumpkin pie.

Sam adams everytime. I actually stock up & buy cases of the stuff to drink for the next few months after they stop selling it

I had to do the same thing for the last few years, my best friend was out of the country in med school and wasn't able to get it where he was so toward the end of the run I would pick up half a dozen cases.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am not a huge fan of the pumpkin beers. I can maybe have one, but they are not for me. I had UFO pumpkin on tap on Satruday and while it tasted really good, I could barely get through a pint.

Try river horse pumpkin almost 9% alcohol , I see why they only sell it in a four pack. That'll get ur socks spinning

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Bill I still have plenty of westy 12 kicking around which we might have to open to celebrate your return to the dark side.

We used to get this is college because it was dirt cheap. Shaefer heavy might be one of the worst things I have ever drank. The shaefer light was passable and good for drinking games, but I will be pretty happy in life if I never have to drink one again.

Only the first 2 or 3 are bad. They get better tasting after that. LOL It's kind of like box wine, the top half is bad. The good stuff is on the bottom.

My go to is Flying Fish Exit 4. One's usually my limit , since it is pretty potent .

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Bill I still have plenty of westy 12 kicking around which we might have to open to celebrate your return to the dark side.

That will get you some Spencer Ale with a glass, some of my own Old Ale, my second born child! I'm sorry I drank my pre release Game of Thrones Valar Morgolis or I would offer that up as well!

I am not a huge fan of the pumpkin beers. I can maybe have one, but they are not for me. I had UFO pumpkin on tap on Satruday and while it tasted really good, I could barely get through a pint.

There used to be a Grants Pumpkin Ale that was fantastic...almost as good as their Scottish Ale. Found a new Newcastle Werewolf my favorite of this season.