• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Older topic I stumbled across

So I was digging a little deeper in,the forums looking for inspiration and ideas to improve on my tank and,I stumbled across a post regarding Italian methode to reefing, aka BLU coral method or LNS method I am not sure its really anything id ever do but it seemed very interesting though I noticed it was popular among the forum threads a few years back and hasnt been really brought up in recent years. I was wondering if any one here knows of this methode and,could share its process the ideas behind it and how it works

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
The issue with this method is the use of HGH (human growth hormone) is common. In the states you would have to be a doctor or have a doctor friend to give you a script for it which is highly unlikely. It’s not talked about a lot but this is a key to this method.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
The gist is you run your alk very high and calcium very high while feeding a very rich in protein food (papone) plus sugar (carbon) and and dose HGH. You can find a papone recipe easily but getting the HGH in the states is near impossible. You are basically super feeding corals to force growth. If you see pictures of these tanks a constant is huge sps colonies with large base stalks 1” plus.