• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

omg a leak

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
with every thing going on ,Heater in house not working .whats one more.Notices that sump(40 )is leaking on right corner side of cabinet.can anyone help . patch it replace ? have the great water tape they advertise but it is in a corner in back. note i had covid and have 1.5 days of med.just need help. luckily water is going into basement.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
if i can drain right side (return area) is there a quick drying glue or something ? ps im in moorestown .

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
My advice. Drain sump and make sure all powerheads are running for surface agitation and oxygen. If possible, get a waterfall filter or any other filter for now until you fix sump or get new sump. Petco delivers so you don't have to leave your house. Good luck and keep us posted

Bot587

NJRC Member
I agree with Del. To take it a step further if you are using marine pur or anything in the sump I would move it to a 5 gallon bucket and agitate it (try to keep it above 74 if possible). This will help in not allowing a mini cycle

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
trying to investigate more. might been a slight skimmer problem slow dripping in side . made a waterline mark in marker and i am watching..

Reactions: DEL

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Seems the last person to put skimmer cup back on , failed to put it on snug and level. Connection overflowed onto a part on the edge of the skimmer hanging over the tank edge. floor in the basement is dry. Has been for a few hours so knock on wood that was it. so the person that put the cup on wrong was !me I’ll reprimand him later. Thanks everybody for your help. I was like 20 minutes from ripping the whole thing out draining water moving a tank by myself that I can’t do well with Covid.