• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

OMG!!!!

Am I an idiot!!!! i just bought a lettuce slug and like an idiot i put him in the tank by the powerhead not thinking and he got sucked in and spit out in a million pieces :mad: :mad: :mad: :'( :'( I felt like i was at atlantic city dropping 18 buks in a slot machine

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry, I can't stop laughing. This is the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Sorry for your loss! :'(

As I continue to laugh....sorry

redfishbluefish said:
Sorry, I can't stop laughing. This is the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Sorry for your loss! :'(

As I continue to laugh....sorry

You!!! I think i wet myself even though the poor thing got killed. at least it was quick My wife is so Pi__ed off at me right now LOL

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Been there.
Like you said, it's quick and hopefully there's no pain.

A quick slushy, huh? :eek:

I feel your pain, too, Mike, even though the one I "used" to have ALWAYS ended up in the filter sock. I guess it ventured into a powerhead one day, because it eventually disappeared.

Hey, at least you didn't put it IN the powerhead yourself. They are such smart creatures. ;D

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Been there. Added a small CBS to my tank when first setup and my puffer ripped it apart before it made it to the bottom of the tank.

Do you think trop would give me another one? LOL I feel like Deuce Biggalow when the blind girl made the margaritta out of the Lion Fish Here fishy fishy :p Wendy Kim is so mad DOH

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hirobo said:
Do you think trop would give me another one?

Only if you can bring in the 3,246 pieces of the poor little bugger and convince them that it just imploded on its own.  That can happen, can't it?

Although I still think you have a leg to stand on...isn't their guarantee that their livestock will live for 48 hours. By your discription, poor Iceberg only lasted ten minutes. Sounds like you might have a chance.

redfishbluefish said:
Hirobo said:
Do you think trop would give me another one?

Only if you can bring in the 3,246 pieces of the poor little bugger and convince them that it just imploded on its own. That can happen, can't it?

Although I still think you have a leg to stand on...isn't their guarantee that their livestock will live for 48 hours. By your discription, poor Iceberg only lasted ten minutes. Sounds like you might have a chance.

Do you think if i take some frozen clams dye them green and bring them up there it will work LOL

i feel ur pain i put 4 small peppermint shrimps in my tank yesterday, and my cleaner shrimp picked one off before it hit the bottom, and grabbed the other one 5 min later.... i hope the other 2 are good hiders, but for some reason i don't think they'll make it to their first molt...

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can't say my experience was bad. 2 weeks ago, my RBTA was stuck in my Hydor when I got home from work. I cleaned up the mess and pump and did a small water change. I was looking in the tank a few days ago and spotted some things that looked like some remains of the Rose Bubble Tip. I went to net them out and found out that the remains had a solid foot hold on the rocks. I now have 6 new RBTA babies.
Sorry for your loss.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry for your loss! That's awful. Unfortunately, whether introduced right next to the PH or not, this is not an uncommon outcome, making them less than suitable for the typical hobbyist tank.

Very cool, Mike! Anthony Calfo has done demonstrations in the past of "fragging" anemones. Cool that you had a successful "auto-frag" episode in your tank.

Frog in a blender effect..LOL I guessed right,do I win a prize?..Had that happen,to date I had a lettuce slug,sea hare,RBTA all sucked up in power filters,let alone fish and frags go thru the system into the subtank..sorry to hear about yr slug

mikem said:
...I went to net them out and found out that the remains had a solid foot hold on the rocks. I now have 6 new RBTA babies.
Sorry for your loss.

so go check your tank, maybe you have 1,000 lettuce nudis sluggin around ;D