• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

On Vacation

Off to Ocean City Maryland for a few days. ;D

The kids can watch the tanks, but they won't be watching the forums for me. ;)

And yes PaulB, I'm bringing back some sand and water!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck with the tanks Bill. Have a safe and happy vacation. I was supposed to finally go there this year, but had to cancel :'(

Taz

Paul B

NJRC Member
Ocean City is nice. We went there many years ago. I was showing my daughter how to surf after a hurricaine (very smart) and the waves were crashing on the sidewalk. I know that because I rode a wave in and could not get off it until I hit the sidewalk, head first. I broke my collarbone, tore the rotator cuff and bursa but it was a great experience because I got to extend my vacation a couple of months. Electricians with one bad are are not too much in demand.
I also loved when I broke my leg in 3 places. I got 7 months off for that one.
Anytime I was ever out of work, I was happy. I will take pain over working any day. ;D
The only thing I didn't like when I broke my leg was that I was building the New York Playboy Club at the time.

I think you have too many of your own teeth left for the "Hillbilly Riviera" (we prefer Rehoboth, somewhat north of there...) ;D

Paul B

NJRC Member
The last time I went to Ocean City was great. I was surfing and I broke my collar bone and tore the bursa and rotator cuff. I got to be out of work for a few months which for me was always a good thing. I just think of it as a vacation with pain but I will take a vacation no matter what comes with it.

Paul B said:
The last time I went to Ocean City was great. I was surfing and I broke my collar bone and tore the bursa and rotator cuff. I got to be out of work for a few months which for me was always a good thing. I just think of it as a vacation with pain but I will take a vacation no matter what comes with it.

I looked at my bypass operation in a similar way, but unfortunately I was self-employed at the time. ::)

I want to thank Bill for the bright idea about the pill boxes for fish sitters a great and probably fullproof way to leave food for your sitters. I used three for three tanks and it worked perfect. I also collected some sand, mangrove pods, and algae. I feel like such a forager ;D.