• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Only 5 challengers so far??

I want to get in on the contest and had started gathering the supplies but unfortunately dont have the resources or time to do this on a competitive level so i will most likely just post its progress like a tank build or help with the judging and monitoring of the contest

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thought this would take off myself and we'd have at least 15-20. I announced it on R2R as well but there seems to be no takers.
Lets give it a week or two.
I can't contact sponsors for prizes for 5 competitors.
If it doesn't work out, we can shut down the challenges forum and maybe shift posts into a Picos (5g and less) forum.
Lets see what happens. I'll drop another post over in R2R and maybe we can push a new start date of November 1st (I'll mod the posts if we can remove the announcement from the title page).

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I reshared it on our FB page and in Farmboy Reef (but I could see it getting remove from there) in hope to get some more folks into it.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was in the middle of a move and then fell ill, so never got a chance to kick it off.

I wouldny
Thought this would take off myself and we'd have at least 15-20. I announced it on R2R as well but there seems to be no takers.
Lets give it a week or two.
I can't contact sponsors for prizes for 5 competitors.
If it doesn't work out, we can shut down the challenges forum and maybe shift posts into a Picos (5g and less) forum.
Lets see what happens. I'll drop another post over in R2R and maybe we can push a new start date of November 1st (I'll mod the posts if we can remove the announcement from the title

I wouldn't say let's cancel the challenge forum I would say maybe post pine the start date and then have people sign up giving people a start date might give them a chance to get prepared and want to participate I remember thinking when we originally talked about this that it was the plan to do it that way and then poof next thing I know people have already started and so was like damn I'm behind now

delayed reaction but I have MTS as well, so there is no way I would be able to add another tank. Great idea but just can't handle a 7th lol