• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ORA Kamohara Blenny

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
The only place I have seen them is live aquaria. I think ao got a few when they first came out a year or so ago. I'm sure if you ask at a store that Orders directly from ORA they can get one for you. I really wanted one when they first came out just had a hard time finding one. I know a shop that orders from ORA I'll ask.

Thanks Kev! I have been looking at LiveAquaria pretty regularly lately and have not seen one. A buddy of mine actually got one from the Hidden Reef but they have not gotten in any either. I hope what happened with the ORA Mandarins doesn't happen with these. You never see the ORA Mandarins anymore because the cost of them isn't worth it to breed and for the stores to buy (at least that's what I read on the interweb)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We got our guy when they first released them, they are cool fish. I know they were having trouble with the mimic blennies which just stopped spawning for them. When you talk to your LFS who orders for ORA, tell them to ask for one specifically. Sometimes ORA does not put them on their list because they just don't have enough of them but they still have them if you ask for one. We have gotten a few fish this way and it has worked out well for us.