• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Order from Philadelphia Aquatics

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So I broke down and ordered from our new sponsor @Philadelphia Aquatics. I placed the ordered on Wednesday night and got my order today which is pretty quick I have to say. Shipping cost wasn't bad in fact might had been the cheapest I have done (I don't do many live fish ordering) of all corals I done. I also spent more money than I normally do for online orders but I had many choices I liked and would had kept going if I could. I ended up getting a:
  • GoldBranching Hammer (the key coral for why I ordered)
  • BirdnestCoral Birds of paradise (nice size fragged for the price)
  • Acropora Horida (something about it made me want it)

Unpacking:
The box came in good shape
IMG_20180316_165632.jpg

I like how everything was packed. Didn't look like the items had much room to move around
IMG_20180316_165730.jpg
IMG_20180316_165747.jpg
IMG_20180316_165803.jpg

I also liked how the heat pack was not mix in the bag with the corals but on the bottom of the box with cardboard over it then the box with the corals in it
IMG_20180316_165812.jpg
IMG_20180316_165817.jpg

I also like how each coral was in their own plastic cup fixed so they wouldn't bounce around. The label with the coral's name on it was a very nice touch (I gotten a shipment where I had no clue what was what or the black marker on the bag was faded and couldn't read it) - also some swag to go with my order
IMG_20180316_170122.jpg

After floating in bucket of saltwater to match temp I then dipped them and all came out clean
IMG_20180316_172220.jpg

Ended with turning my lights into ACC mode and placing the new corals in my tank
IMG_20180316_173749.jpg

So far I am very please with my order and believe I would order more from Philadelphia Aquatics when I get a chance.

So I broke down and ordered from our new sponsor @Philadelphia Aquatics. I placed the ordered on Wednesday night and got my order today which is pretty quick I have to say. Shipping cost wasn't bad in fact might had been the cheapest I have done (I don't do many live fish ordering) of all corals I done. I also spent more money than I normally do for online orders but I had many choices I liked and would had kept going if I could. I ended up getting a:
  • GoldBranching Hammer (the key coral for why I ordered)
  • BirdnestCoral Birds of paradise (nice size fragged for the price)
  • Acropora Horida (something about it made me want it)

Unpacking:
The box came in good shape
View attachment 18888

I like how everything was packed. Didn't look like the items had much room to move around
View attachment 18889
View attachment 18890
View attachment 18891

I also liked how the heat pack was not mix in the bag with the corals but on the bottom of the box with cardboard over it then the box with the corals in it
View attachment 18892
View attachment 18893

I also like how each coral was in their own plastic cup fixed so they wouldn't bounce around. The label with the coral's name on it was a very nice touch (I gotten a shipment where I had no clue what was what or the black marker on the bag was faded and couldn't read it) - also some swag to go with my order
View attachment 18894

After floating in bucket of saltwater to match temp I then dipped them and all came out clean
View attachment 18895

Ended with turning my lights into ACC mode and placing the new corals in my tank
View attachment 18896

So far I am very please with my order and believe I would order more from Philadelphia Aquatics when I get a chance.
Thanks for the review!! Glad everything got there ok. Let us know if you need anything or run into any issues! That horrida was one of my favorites. Really awesome species of Acropora.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Thank you! We’re trying to pack the orders like we’d like to receive them. Always open to criticism for better solutions to livestock wellbeing.

Now I don't know how much 'work flow' this would add to each order but a suggestion would be to have a quick care sheet for the corals that a person ordered. For example - placement in tank, flow, lighting, etc..

Now I don't know how much 'work flow' this would add to each order but a suggestion would be to have a quick care sheet for the corals that a person ordered. For example - placement in tank, flow, lighting, etc..
Great idea and in the works. We’re working on getting care cards made up so we can include them with the order. We’re partial to this because one of our goals is to make all types of reefing accessible to everyone regardless of experience level.

If you have specific suggestions for a layout please feel free to send them to us!

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Great idea and in the works. We’re working on getting care cards made up so we can include them with the order. We’re partial to this because one of our goals is to make all types of reefing accessible to everyone regardless of experience level.

If you have specific suggestions for a layout please feel free to send them to us!

What I would picture would be something like this (now just did something quick but you get the idea)
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 6.44.36 PM.png

If you go with my idea hopefully I get a kick back ;) lol jk

@Philadelphia Aquatics love the urine cups for packaging. do you float the sps upside down in the container?
Correct. We use closed cell foam and/or rubber bands to keep the frags fixed and isolated from getting tissue damage on the sides of the container. This way the livestock doesn’t get micro damage during shipping. Imperfect process depending on the frag but it works great for the most sensitive ones.