• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pat Metheny Trio- Front row seats in West Long Branch

Hi - I bought too many tickets to this show (got over anxious when I got lucky to have the chance to buy front row seats)

Any Jazz guitar fans out there that would be interested in buying two or three of them at cost? ($65 )The theatre is the Pollak Theatre at Montmouth University. I am hearing outstanding things about his current Trio including Christian McBride and Antonio Sanchez.

If anyone knows anyone around this area, let me know. I would love to drop them a note, especially if you know they would enjoy music/jazz. Plus, anyone who can refer me to a buyer for all three get's $10 to apply to your next reef purchase. (I would love to reward someone for their help...I really need to find someone since this is next Thurs)

Thanks
Bob
c201-602-8001

Come on there Reefers...there are no jazz fans interested in seeing perhaps the most renowned guitarist in the last ten years in the front row?!! Feedback from recent shows is raving with enthusiasm! Please pass this along to any jazz fans. This acoustic trio is very cool and Pat's is a revolutionary on guitar.

Thanks!
Bob

Hmm...let's see what the best way to describe him. Well, I would have sent a link to youtube, but a clip of one of shows, but my work firewall blocks my access. I would recommend Googling a search and then look for youtube clips. You might be able to catch some samplings under CDNOW as well.

Aside from this, he is one of (if not the) most accredited Jazz group guitarists over the last 10-15 years in terms of Grammy awards. Many call his music cerebral and it often takes a few plays of a CD to really appreciate it, but when you get, it is really deep and uplifting stuff. His classic recording is Offramp, which is excellent, although this band is a little more stripped down and jazzy (bass, guitar and drums) All instrumentals...

He does not partake in much self promotion, advertising or interviews, so he doesn't get a whole lot of primetime exposure. This is good though, as I think it helps him allow to be who he is. No flash and glitz...just music that practically put's the mind in a trance (if you are into that!!)