• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pet plus is a plus in my book!

Hi everyone this is my first post thanks to the Pet Plus in Mays landing. I have always wanted a reef tank set up, and recently they had a drawing for a Reef ready fish tank i just so happen to win! it is a 75 gallon marineland set up came with everything including the wet-dry filter and protein skimmer. They said the setup was worth 1500 and i got luck. Along with this they have much selection and all there fish and coral look healthy they really know what there doing over there. There reef tank is awesome with plenty of lighting. There stuff is fairly cheap and they might not be a LFS but the man there i believe is John knows his stuff about reef tanks. Will post pictures when tank is up and ready. Can't say anything bad about this store.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome and congrats. You should see if you can stretch out that luck and come to a meeting. We do frag raffles at each one and with your luck, you'd probably clean up! Oh wait, I usually enter the raffles too, so forget that! Besides, you'll need to wait a bit for the tank to mature. So skip the raffles and just come and hang out. Our next meeting is in the South.

Welcome again!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I entered the raffle for the tank as well. Must have been a fix because I was suppose to win it!

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

thanks everyone for the welcomes and im sorry there wasnt more tanks for everyone to win! Where at in the south i live down there ha. In what town anywayz?

the meeting for august will be at my house in Winslow Twp. From Mayslanding just come up the expressway, get off on Rt73 north. No more than a half hour to 40 minutes from mayslanding. See you there

im in tuckahoe, not far either, i was there on thier grand opening, i like the tank they have for thier frags, but i didnt see any frags i wanted, they had mostly zenias and leathers ,but the fish looked really healthy, none were reef safe that i saw so i went home fishless then went to ocean aquarium the next day and bought a couple yelleow gobies and a diamond gobie which i havent seen once since i put him in there a week ago.

yea i like ocean aquarium, that's where i have gotten all my cichlids. They have been around for i think 14 years now. I just can not wait to start shopping for fish! not saying i dont have a wish list already

was chatting with the employees the other day and they told me they would place a custom order for me if i ever wanted any fish or coral, made me excited since they do have decent cost and stops from wanting to order online and take the risk out of DOA. I tried this ocean aquatic and no go and they were trying to charge 7 dollars a lb for LR! i laughed and walked out

i was their the week before the drawing and was TOLD i would win the tank lol i'm in eht as far as the coral tank goes not much to talk about maybe it's because they just got it up and running fish selection is getting better as far as ocean aquarium goes !!!! well it just goes good luck with the tank

ocean aquarium rich, its on the black horse pike going into A.C on the left hand side next to the big spenser building right after fire road

im goin to ocean aquarium today when im done working, hoepfully picking up a mated pair of clowns or maybe some cleaner shrimp, and my copepods came today woot

so, ALL you guys have gone to Pets Plus as well eh? LOL. I stopped by the Boater's world last month to get some tackle, and saw the sign. I walked in there, played with the puppies and saw the flash of aquarium lights from the back.

Eventually, I ended up picking John's brains (I think he's one of the part-owners from Philly), and eventually pointed at the "Now Hiring" sign. I told him not unless they are open 24 hours, lol. Their livestock prices are not bad (considering Ocean Aquarium is their only competitor in the area), but their selection of dry goods is very Petsmart'ish He was also honest and told me that their tanks are still cycling and didn't recommend I got anything yet. He did mention that he could get special request livestock though, like various species of anthias et al-