• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Petco Brick is upping their saltwater game, looks good.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, hit up Petco in Brick yesterday.
Prices, as with everywhere else, are nuts on livestock, it seriously is getting ridiculous.
I really think that this hobby is going to generate home breeders at some point (though Eric has the head start on that (E - Clownfish are doing fantastic!)).

Anyways, Ben tells me to stroll the center aisle.
So I do.
Red Sea galore. Nano tanks, stands, lighting (for the nano), all varieties of test kits, all the ABCD line of stuff (including AB+).
They have a small Fluval salt section with the Fluval 13g and associated equipment.
They also started carrying some of the more popular supplies, like All-For-Reef, low to high end salts, etc...
And they're going to be pulling in higher end power heads and pumps in the near future from what I understand.
I'm sure Andrew and Ben have been pushing for this, and their sales justified it.

Hoping it works out for them. Nice to have a local shop that can fill in the gaps on marine supplies.
Just hoping with the raising cost of livestock that they're able to keep up sales and expand further.

Sounds good. If I’m correct I believe Ben is now in charge. Andrew is no longer with Petco, correct? Ben has been working hard at getting Petco to step up their salt water game.