• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pickling Lime?

Does anyone know where I can purchase Pickling Lime?
Or any particular store chain that sells it...
It would be used to make Limewater (Kalkwasser) ..

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
FWIW, I never liked the results I got from using Mrs. Wages. I've found ESV to be much better. JME, though.

Thanks for the link redfishbluefish
I have read many articles on the subject... Similar to that article..
Good Read Though..
And JohnS_323 thanks for the reply I shall do some research into ESV..

Walmart sells Mrs. Wages Picking Lime. Its usally with their canning supplies. They may or maynot have it. I just checked the Walmart in CherryHill which doesnt. Hopefully, the one in Marlton does still, because im running low.

m_kerrane Thanks for the info....
Do you get decent results with the limewater?
I was using a 3 part dosing but was not too happy with it..
And want to try something different...

m_kerrane said:
Walmart sells Mrs. Wages Picking Lime. Its usally with their canning supplies. They may or maynot have it. I just checked the Walmart in CherryHill which doesnt. Hopefully, the one in Marlton does still, because im running low.

After pickling season you can normally find it on the clearance racks.

Agway's usually have it.

I used Mrs. Wages and switched to ESV on John's recommendation.

ESV has less impurities and seems to keep the ph elevated better. AO ran a group buy for us a while back. Premium Aquatics carries it as well.

FWIW,as a kalk reactor user, I found the "commercial" kalk powder worked better than pickling lime, it was finer and it mixes better. Currently suffering through a pound of "Kalkwasser Plus," which adds magnesium but lacks the OOMPH of real kalk!