• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Picky Pajamas

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Are Pajama Cardinals known picky eaters? I've had a pair for about a month and a half and the only thing they eat are shrimp. I've tried flakes, pellets, frozen mixed, frozen black worms and nothing. However, mysis, either frozen or freeze dried, they eat. Tonight I tried shimp (people shrimp), we had left over (boiled), and chopped fine, and they ate that as well.

Is this normal, and if so, any tips on getting them to eat something else?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Dropped a Bangai in the tank a few weeks ago. Went a day without feeding and tried frozen bloodworms and frozen greens, wouldn't touch them. Tried flakes and pellets, no dice. ATM it will only eat mysis or raw chopped up shrimp.

I have a pair of pajamas I got back in November. The longest the male has not eaten is 25 days. He finally started to nibble on flake. I travel 99% and that is all they get. When I get home I drop a cube of frozen mysis or brine shrimp. I did a 3 week trip recently and all my daughter did was add water to the top off. The male is picky the female not so much.

rich

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I wouldn't worry rich 25 days is long that fish is eating something otherwise it would be dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk