• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Picture Of The Month Committee (POTM)

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hello everyone,
If you have not noticed we try to run a Picture Of The Month (POTM) contest once a month. Lately I have been the one posting the contest, getting the pictures, posting the voting thread, and trying to get entries and votes. Due to my commitment to family, work, the BOD, and other activity I can no longer handle running the POTM. I would like to create committee, made up of NJRC Members, to run with this. This committee will need a chair person. Please note that if no one is willing to serve on this committee then I don't believe the POTM will continue cause I just do not have the time to make sure it run correctly.

Below is the description of the committee's role

Picture Of The Month Committee (POTM)
POTM committee is a group of NJRC members, in good standing, that will handle all aspects of the POTM contest. There will be one chair member who will oversee the the actions of the committee as well as server as the moderator for the POTM private forum. The chair member will notified the web admin when new contests are posted, voting thread created, and winner announced so they can update the main site with the correct information. At anytime that the BOD or POTM Chair feels that a POTM members isn’t fulfilling their duties the user can lose their access at the discretion of the BOD and POTM Chair. This committee, it's chair, and it's members will be reviewed when the new BOD takes office.

Thank You
James

This month is a crazy good campaign for POTM.. I plan on posting by the due date really. Can we discuss this at the meeting on Saturday? Great forum for it in person is any members of the board will be there. First meeting I'll be able to attend since March at Doug's house.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
This month is a crazy good campaign for POTM.. I plan on posting by the due date really. Can we discuss this at the meeting on Saturday? Great forum for it in person is any members of the board will be there. First meeting I'll be able to attend since March at Doug's house.

I will be at the meeting. Yes we can talk about it at the meeting

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hate to see this leave.
If no one steps up, I can do my best to cover it for a bit.
Maybe we can mix it up a bit as well and get some fresh ideas flowing?

I agree hate to see this go but unfortunately I just can't devote time to it like I should.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
@Ace to be a member of the committee you would need to be a paid member of the club. We have two guys set up to run it but I am sure they be willing for more help if you become a paid member

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I'll sign up. Let me know how I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. I will get you on the committee group which will have a private forum. In the forum the committee members can discuss everything about the POTM. Thanks man