• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pink Spotted Goby

I just picked this guy up from the brick Petco. He seems to.be doing well and swimming around. I didnt happen to notice him cleaning the tank bottom, like my watchman goby used too. Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Attachments

• 20190912_152343.jpg
    20190912_152343.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190912_151852.jpg
    20190912_151852.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

EZreefin

NJRC Member
Nice Goby. He will make himself a nice home. Just make sure the structure he will be digging under is stable enough so it doesn't topple. Never gave any prob. Easy to care for. He/she may be protective of there burrow. Not to the point where it will chase other fish around the tank but just a bluff charge to scare the fish away till they get use to the other fish then he might not care at all. If it hides in its home you could target feed his home so the other fish don't take all the food before he has a chance to get it. Depending on the other fish you keep and how comfortable he/she feels they might just come out and compete with the other fish for the food. If you try and pair him with a pistol shrimp it's really great to watch when they first meet and the little ritual they do to "get to know one another" if they pair the shrimp will be doing the burrowing and heavy lifting while the goby is the lookout. The shrimp will keep one antenna on the goby while leaving the home. If the goby flicks its tail it tell the shrimp danger and they dart into the hole. (Fast!) The shrimp has poor eyesight from what I was told and the goby has great vision so they both benefit from the relationship. Great symbiotic relationship! (If you want to add the pistol shrimp.) They do not require each other to live a happy life. Sorry for long reply hope it helps alittle.

Last edited: