• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Plumbing - Adapting and Reducing

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am going to try to do my own plumping this time for the project of moving the sump to the basement using an external pump.

What is the best adapter/reducer/combo to go from the pump (Gen-X MAK4) which is 3/4" M to 1 1/2 PVC. Is there such a thing as a female 3/4" to 1 1/2 slip connector?

I just went through this Phil except mine was 1". I'm sure somebody makes such adapters but what I did was go to Lowe's and picked up everything. I picked up parts to do this for my 3/4" pumps so I know they have them. I got a reducer for 3/4 to 1". Then a 1" to 1.5" reducer and a 1" to 2" reducer. I'm running all 2" pipe but can reduce to 1" or 2" depending on equipment.

If you spend a couple of minutes in the plumbing isle you can find what you need. I will mention that I couldn't find everything I needed at Home Depot however. Lowes (at least in my area) had many more smaller pipe sizes and adapters/reducers.

If you want/need a hand doing the plumbing just give me a yell and I'd be more then happy to help you.

Carlo

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree that Lowe's seems to be the better place for plumbing parts. I've had much more luck finding what I need there.

As far as reducers, yeah there are a ton of different options. The only problem is it takes a while to find what you're looking for. The logic they use for putting things on the shelves bewilders me a bit. Plus, once you find the right box, there's no guarantee that the right item is in it.

It's definitely a rough "hunt-and-peck" experience but you should be able to find everything you need.

malulu

NJRC Member
once a wiseguy (steve68) said:
- for wood work related - goto HomeDepot
- for plumbing related - goto to Lowes
;D

- i like to do them with flex-pvc, it is easy, less leak, may not look as neat, but will have less head loss...etc. the advantage out weight the disadvantage (MHO).

- if you have problem finding flex-pvc, or bulkhead, goto pool supply store, please note, they don't call it bulk head, they called it with replacement part number xxxxx something, so you will need to check out the replacement part packages area yourself to find what you need.