• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Poll of the day

Type of corals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Guys,
I am going to try something here and hopefully it will take off. I am going to try post a poll a day.

Todays's poll

Softie - LPS - or SPS corals?

When it comes to stocking our tanks with corals everyone has their fav. Do you prefer Softies? LPS? or SPS?

Coral-Identification-Types-of-Coral-Toadstool-Coral.jpg

download.jpeg

IMGP2249.jpg

I don’t think I could choose between the three, but if I really had to I think LPS are my favorite. I haven’t added any other than a tiny hammer and a goniastrea to my tank because I am always worried about my other corals getting stung, but in the future I would like a few more. The color and movement of them are really beautiful. Soft corals also add nice movement but most don’t have the crazy and pretty colors that people breed LPS for (like gold torches, rainbow acans, etc).
For my tank personally it’s mostly soft corals and SPS because I don’t have to worry about everything getting stung by big sweepers, though.
I like the idea of polls of the day, I’ll definitely put my opinion in! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I like my lps corals as it gives me that mix of both Hard and Soft in my tank.

Originally when i started I was all about softies....I have some Sps in my tank now that are taking off and I'm slowly starting to convert

my plan is for an all softie DT while also growing out some stonies in the frag tank which is plumbed off the basement sump (away from wife).
Not confident that I have the skills yet for a mixed and I really want a solid looking DT due to its location.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I like a mix reef but I tend to look more to LPS and SPS. I just like the looks of SPS in a tank that is full of them.