• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it

Whenever I try to reply to a post with a link or a picture in the response I get the following message:

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

anyone else get this error?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
It has to do with the spam filter and none of you are members. We had to turn off some functions for "guests" to keep the spammers at bay. I will pass it along to see if we can improve it somehow.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike is correct. If you're not a paid member or a sponsor, your forum user account is in the "registered users" group. This is the same group that spammers get put into automatically when they register a new account.

Our options were to either manually delete these spammers and their posts every day... or just prevent that user group from posting links in their posts. We still get spammers registering, but have not seen one post from them since.

It's unfortunate that new and longtime guests are limited but this saves us a ton of moderation duties this way.