• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Post pics of favorite fish **OWNED**

I would love to see why others have gotten into this hobby and their current PRIZED possession.

mine all died recently so i'm out of the contest already! ha! sorry still a N00B losing a lot of money learning along the way. and as mentioned some people are in it for shi*tzs and giggles and others are in it for the long run. so i'm still learning and will be getting my FLAME ANGEL in 2 months.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here is one of our prized possessions:

eel.jpg

that's an eel? those ****s is creepy.

chessmanmark that first one is a powder blue tang correct? nice fish!

definitely have to start putting names to fish. ha.
so others that get inspired can recall who made them get the fish as well!!

Just got this today and going into a QT. Hopefully he will eat:

RegalAngel3.jpg

Got this a few weeks ago and going through QT right now. Eats live food voraciously out of the water column. Frozen food needs work.

CopperbandButterfly1.jpg

evoIX said:
I would love to see why others have gotten into this hobby and their current PRIZED possession.

mine all died recently so i'm out of the contest already! ha! sorry still a N00B losing a lot of money learning along the way. and as mentioned some people are in it for shi*tzs and giggles and others are in it for the long run. so i'm still learning and will be getting my FLAME ANGEL in 2 months.

what is your setup and why are you losing fish? what are your tank parameters? nitrite, nitrate, temp at night, temp during the day, salinity? how are you aclimating them? what kind of fish are they?

evoIX said:
what type of fish is the one above calaxa? nice copperband, looks like a little guy.
Regal Angel. Another notorious hunger striker. Got it from nyaquatics and Mike assured me it eats Hikari mysis. Was not interested at all but just got him so we'll see.

cm,

Nice paired mandarins. They spawn yet?

calaxa said:
cm,

Nice paired mandarins. They spawn yet?

they were from when i had my tank set up, i sold them. they never spawned i didn't have them that long, if they did i didn't know about it. thanks for the compliments though!

let's just say, ICH and N00B especially in the marine world without research can KILL FISH.

currently no fish besides in my current 15gal nano. 2 yellow tails

i am going to exaggerate the needed acclimation with a 4 hour drip method. months from now when i have the new 55RR finished.

currently with a 33long (fallow just verts) but moving everything over to a 55gallon RR this weekend. still deciding on setup. but can give possible specs (but unneeded)

i invite knowledge. the more advice given the more i'll be able to make sure my fish are healthy.

i know it's out of topic but. any stocking suggestions for a 55gallon.

must: well current verts are going in probably get rid of the chocolate chip star and get something a little more interesting and not predatorial.

wants: blue hippo (reading on acclimation and such)
flame angel (read the stories about them already)
2 mated percs
1 goby (unsure which one i want to go with) anyone house a dracula or hi fin?

that should pretty much max it out.

i hear 55gallons arnt ideal because of the width makes aquascaping rock difficult. dont get me wrong ive seen 55s, i just hear it is hard.
dont mean to play tang police but i would say the blue hippo is out of the question for a 55gallon tank esp after you substract all the space taken away from the live rock. i encourage more research.