• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Power head help

I have always used Koralias as my pumps, but it seems Tunze seems to be a popular pump too. I have setup a 20 gallon high setup and I was wondering which to use? Koralia 1 or a Tunze 6025?

major,

That's not a fair comparison. That tunze blows the koralia out of the water but the costs are so far apart. You're comparing a controllable PH to a non controllable. With that said, I would go and get the $35 koralia for a 20G high unless you got cash to burn or plan on an upgrade. That tunze runs $60-$70 + controller (7096 is the controller for this model? If so that's $169 retail and is not out yet).

You sure it's not? I was pretty sure 6025 is the controllable nanostream. Well, tunze is quality and this guy will still be good in a bigger tank. You can even use it in large tanks for dead corners, etc. If you got the money, tunze. On a 20G though...kinda overkill. Your money...you decide.....this is one I would skimp unless I knew I would upgrade in near future.