• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Power loss in the middle of a water change

I’m doing a water change and a thunder storm rolls through. As soon as I removed the water and the top 1/3rd of my corals are out in the air lighting strikes close with instant power loss... perfect timing. Then I’m running around in the rain firing the generator and running cords which all was comical to my kids

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I cringe every time power goes out . Because of all the surge of power is not good on electronics.

I heard the things fry and my head was in the tank. Definitely cringed and I might of even cussed...That was the part the kids found funny:)

john90009

NJRC Member
i was servicing a clients tank when the tank was 1/3 drained and could only be filled with a hose i lost power.... needless to say you come up with pretty interesting ways to fill a in-wall tank using ordinary household objects when you need to stick to a scheduled. Only after i replaced 40 gallons of water by funnel and tube the power came right back on.....