• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Power out in East Brunswick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acted too late and all the generators are sold out, I will try again tomorrow but if anyone close by has a loaner, please let me know. Thanks.

Tank is currently on battery operated air pump. '

Andrew

347-245-8000 :-\

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hope the tank hangs in there and that the outtage isn't long. They're rampant around the state, though. Have you called the Lowes in Old Bridge? They may be far enough away to have one still.

We've got blackouts here in Jackson as well. Luckily, while they are in our neighborhood, they aren't on our STREET! We were driving home from the meeting and were a bit concerned as we started getting close to home, but things brightened up as we turned onto our road.

Good luck!

I still have no power and the rumor has it that it won't be back until Tuesday night. Got the family together this morning and went out to Ocean County where I was able to pick up a generator so now the pump is going at least. The water is cloudy in the main tank, will see what happens. I have saved water for emergency water changes if needed.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yikes. Sorry to hear the power's still out there. Half of my neighborhood still has no power either. Glad I'm on the right side of that line here. Hopefully it will be back on sooner than they anticipate.

john90009

NJRC Member
good luck i think it wont last till tuesday fingers crossed. that is what they said for my area as soon as they announced it the power came on today at 2 so we didnt have power for 25 hours. i already lost 1 fish and my corals didnt take it well . if you can to keep the temps up take out some water and try boiling it if you have a gas stove top and add water in to a larger bowl with cold water and so forth- i kept my tank at 76 for at least 10 hours until in the morning we had to buy a generator because a fish died due to suffocation. I never realized how much a skimmer puts more air into a system then a powerhead.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good luck Montepora, I took Rt 18 home from the meeting last night and it was the freakiest thing I ever saw there. There was not a single source of light from the Turnpike past Brunswick square mall. Not police lights, not flares, not parking lot lights and no traffic signal lights at all(not even blinking)! It was so dark that you couldn't see the shops. What a sight, or non sight it was!

Tazmaniancowboy said:
Good luck Montepora, I took Rt 18 home from the meeting last night and it was the freakiest thing I ever saw there. There was not a single source of light from the Turnpike past Brunswick square mall. Not police lights, not flares, not parking lot lights and no traffic signal lights at all(not even blinking)! It was so dark that you couldn't see the shops. What a sight, or non sight it was!

yeah east brunswick was hit hard. i was at a family party sat just off milltown rd, while we were there a 30-40ft pine tree feel on his wife's car. then about 30 mins later a transformer fell from the pole above and smashed down onto the windshield of his car- some serious damage. not as bad as the guy down the street though- he had a 60ft oak fall on his vette!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Whoah! Those are some serious trees to have fall on your cars. And the transformer must have been just insult to injury at that point. :(

Yup, it was like a war zone here.....I took the family out Saturday to Melno Park Mall and the power went out there too. On the way out, I saw huge trees toppled alone old Bridge Tpke so I opt in for Rt 18 instead but all the traffic lights were out.

What ticks me the most is that my neighbors behind me all got their power back while my house and the block in front of my house are all still without power. I had the generator running all night last night. As of now, I am keeping the main pump running, I am glad I invested in the hammerhead gold which draws only less than 300 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.