• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Powerhead

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Looking to add I bit more flow and want to buy a cross wave pump or similar.
LMK what you have.

Just texted you a link to a controllable pump I bought on amazon, great value. Uniclife. I use one in my 65 on a low setting and it moves a ton of water.

I was going to suggest looking into the jebao scp series. I have the scp 90 that was in my tank but is now for my mixing container that was pretty cheap under 100 I believe. I hated it in my tank for cleaning purposes but it definitely moves alot more water than my powerheads when clean. I'd honestly look into the new jebao smart mcp series with the lcd controller they have an app now too. I have 2 of the regular powerheads and am likely going with the smart return/s for the 120 build.

Salted

NJRC Member
I hated it in my tank for cleaning purposes but it definitely moves alot more water than my powerheads when clean.
As in ease of disassembly for cleaning? I'm currently liking my red sea reef wave 25 and thinking of adding two 45's for the 180 build. Would cost me more but could run all 3 on the same app that so far I like.

As in ease of disassembly for cleaning? I'm currently liking my red sea reef wave 25 and thinking of adding two 45's for the 180 build. Would cost me more but could run all 3 on the same app that so far I like.
Yes exactly. There's much more involved in disassembly/assembly for cleaning compared to a regular powerhead and the frequency of them needing cleaning is much more than a regular powerhead as well imo.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Cleaning it will be a PITA, why I sold my old Gyre. Maybe I should get a third small controllable pump or try and move the SOW15 around.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Almost all my pumps are jebao gyre pumps from Amazon.
Cleaning is easy I put them in a bucket with vinegar.
I don’t disassemble them. I just let them run in the bucket at a low setting.
right now I own 4 of the new Sine wave pumps. I have big tanks and these pumps move about 8-9k gallons for $159. If you have a small tank you can buy the smaller ones. I own 8 in total different gyres and they are all working great.

Attachments

• 88BBC297-8CB5-4074-A68F-2D5D10910CF3.png
    88BBC297-8CB5-4074-A68F-2D5D10910CF3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
right now I own 4 of the new Sine wave pumps. I have big tanks and these pumps move about 8-9k gallons for $159. If you have a small tank you can buy the smaller ones. I own 8 in total different gyres and they are all working great.
I've thought about doing this so I could skip disassembly. Good to hear it works. About how long do you let it run for in the bucket?

This guys knows

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I feel most problem from jebao gyre pumps comes from people taking them apart to clean. I put them in a bucket for a couple of hours. I use the same bucket and I move it around to every tank.

erics210

NJRC Member
Citric acid may be a better alternative than vinegar. I personally prefer it now.
Check into it...

I feel most problem from jebao gyre pumps comes from people taking them apart to clean. I put them in a bucket for a couple of hours. I use the same bucket and I move it around to every tank.
I heard a little rumor from Travis that they don't like to be run under 30%. Is it true? I don't know.
do I keep them all at a minimum of 30%? Yes.
Do I have problems? No.

do I call that a double triple blind over engineered but also over simplified jeabo funded BRSTV investigates case study done in my apartment in Atlantic City?
Yes.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Citric acid may be a better alternative than vinegar. I personally prefer it now.
Check into it...
I have used it and it was ok. Vinegar is soo cheap and easily available.
i can also use the vinegar for carbon dosing or to max out my kalk.
I also spray vinegar on the glass to clean it. For $1.99 for a gallon you can’t beat that.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I heard a little rumor from Travis that they don't like to be run under 30%. Is it true? I don't know.
do I keep them all at a minimum of 30%? Yes.
Do I have problems? No.

do I call that a double triple blind over engineered but also over simplified jeabo funded BRSTV investigates case study done in my apartment in Atlantic City?
Yes.
I don’t run anything at 30% .
Travis had a good angle he had successful tanks with cheap Chinese lights and jebao pumps. His videos started getting sponsors and all his equipment became high end. He had 3 ocean revive lights on his 1st 125gallon and that was awesome

I don’t run anything at 30% .
Travis had a good angle he had successful tanks with cheap Chinese lights and jebao pumps. His videos started getting sponsors and all his equipment became high end. He had 3 ocean revive lights on his 1st 125gallon and that was awesome
All of mine are usually maxed out

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Vinegar is great for cleaning anything that doesn’t have magnets. Vinegar will cause the plastic to swell and salt water will then enter the magnet encasement. Citric acid should be used on items that have that magnets