• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pre quarantined fish

So I want to get an anthias in my tank but i don't want to risk QT'ing one. (plus i have a fish currently in qt and don't want to re start. And gf is done with the qt tank sitting there)

What are some places that i can buy fish already quarantined? (I tried TSM but they're sold out)

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
So I want to get an anthias in my tank but i don't want to risk QT'ing one. (plus i have a fish currently in qt and don't want to re start. And gf is done with the qt tank sitting there)

What are some places that i can buy fish already quarantined? (I tried TSM but they're sold out)
Trust no one’s quarantine but your own, but that’s just my opinion.
wait till the other fish is out if you don’t want to add

Yes, I agree that we should all do our own QT. Having said that, I still like the idea of buying fish that were in at least 30 days of medicated QT from a vendor and then I can just do observational QT myself. This is especially true for fish that are notoriously difficult to QT like leopard wrasses (which don't ship well) and high end anthias (which frequently don't eat well and/or have uronema). I'd rather the vendor take on that risk for me, even if I pay a slight premium.

These are the vendors I've bought from before:

ReefPro - Just recently started selling QT'd fish. He has bimaculatus anthias in stock currently and even had borbonius and ventralis within the past month. He also offers to take requests.

Quarantined Fish - Bought both quarantined fish and inverts from him. His fish even came with a 7 day guarantee after arrival. I had one fish that died within a couple days of delivery and he's offered to replace for me on the next order. He will also take requests.

Ive been looking around myself and honestly the only two that I’d think about trusting is TSM and Dr. Reef. Even with hose I’d probably put them in an observation tanks for at least two weeks, If you can’t do that these two places would probably be your best bet.

Salted

NJRC Member
I looked and thought about a purchase but can’t justify dr reefs $50 shipping for the two things I want. If anyone sees tuxedo urchins in stock somewhere (north Jersey) please lmk.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I looked and thought about a purchase but can’t justify dr reefs $50 shipping for the two things I want. If anyone sees tuxedo urchins in stock somewhere (north Jersey) please lmk.

Saw two in Marlboro Petco this past Monday

theres a lot of vendors on the humblefish site that are fully qt. anthias are one of the harder species to qt but i have a bottle of formalin for sale if you need it today. also looks like CP is becoming available again. i dont have any though

theres a lot of vendors on the humblefish site that are fully qt. anthias are one of the harder species to qt but i have a bottle of formalin for sale if you need it today. also looks like CP is becoming available again. i dont have any though
I have a bunch of medications so I'm good on that. I am currently QT'ing a fish so I don't wanna add another fish and restart the clock. Plus, I've lost a couple wrasses I've tried QT'ing and would hate to lose more fish since they're so hard to qt

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Salted Maybe I was unlucky with the two exquisite fish I bought at the same time. I qt them separately for 4 weeks and needed no chemical treatment. Added to the 40b at the same time. They were the only two fish in a 40g along with coral and live rock. They fought and one was dead within 48 hours. After this happened I went on R2R and found this:

I have a bunch of medications so I'm good on that. I am currently QT'ing a fish so I don't wanna add another fish and restart the clock. Plus, I've lost a couple wrasses I've tried QT'ing and would hate to lose more fish since they're so hard to qt
ive got tanks for sale if you need one. no reason to restart the clock lol