• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pump suggestion please

I am going to plumb my tank into the basement. I am looking for a pump to move about 1000gph+/- when it gets to the tank.

So we are looking at about 10-12 ft vertical, and 3-5ft horizontal, and at least 2x 90 elbows.

Any suggestions? I am more interested in budget than bragging rights.

Thanks in advance

From what I have learned you have approx 8 ft of head pressure. are you looking for internal or external pump.For an external pump, I would recommend an iwaki pump with the Japanese motor I know the 70rlt is rated for 1560 gph . Plus there are smaller models

12' up, 5' over, couple 90's, a t, and couple ball valves puts you around 17' with 1" pipes. The iwaki 70 puts you around 1000gph, the blueline 70 puts you around 1200gph. The blueline gives you more head for 15% less watts.
-ethan

I have it hooked up with my Mag 18 that WAS pumping from the sump in the stand. Now it is all in the basement and the 18 is still getting water to the tank, but not as much as I would like.

Anyone know of any good used pumps that will do the job? I just bought a house and this is low on the list of things to be done, but it does have to be done.

Thanks again for the input.