• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pumpkin Carving

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Every year for Halloween, I carve a pumpkin. Normally, I tape one of those templates on the pumkin and poke lil dots along the pattern so I know where to make the cuts.

Well, after watching "Halloween Wars" I learned there were other ways to carve a pumpkin. So, this year I decided to try something a lil different.

I have to admit, I printed out a pic someone else's pumkin and used that as what I was going to make. But I did it all by hand, using an ordinary kitchen (paring) knife, a dremel tool, and a small saw blade that comes in those pumking carving kits. I also used the scraping tool from the kit to gut the pumkin insides clean.

Here's what I made... what do you think? (The detailing on the teeth is much better than the pic shows.)

Daylight
IMG_0014.jpg

Darkness, with the candle inside.
IMG_0011.jpg

Next year, I plan to come up with my own design, and sculpt it more like These. (Well, obviously not as good as those... but more that style anyway.) That Ray Villafane guy is really inspirational.

Very nice, I did my first pumpkin this year, I'll post it up later, dry wall saw to cut off top, ice cream scoop to clean the inside & a drill to drill a bunch of holes which is how I "carved" mine. Same as you I had a pict up on my Ipad that I copied from but it was all freehand w/ the drill so I was happy.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks guys. It was much more fun this time around than in the past. I may have some pics of previous years pumkins. If I find them, I'll post those up as well.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, after watching "Halloween Wars" I learned there were other ways to carve a pumpkin. So, this year I decided to try something a lil different.
That was some awesome stuff they did.

You guys did some nice pumpkins also, I never even came close to you professionals!