• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Purple firefish & randall's pistol shrimp.... same burrow!

(wasn't sure if this should go under inverts or fish, please move as you see fit mods)

I'd love some input on this situation, and to know if it's going to end badly.

I have a Randall's pistol shrimp in my 24g aquapod, he was added as a tiny little guy and has gotten some good size on himself now. I originally had a yasha haze goby for him to pair with but they never got together and then the yasha went missing (was gone for over 2 months, then seen for 2 hours and never again... but that's another story)

Anyways the pistol has a doorway right in the front of my tank where he comes out everytime I feed the tank, well this is the same hole that my purple firefish dives into if anything scares him... you'll see the firefish dive into the hole, come out a few mins later... and then a couple mins later the pistol peeks out and then goes back in. I always thought that a pistol would only allow a goby shrimp near it and would chase away or kill any other fish? Is it allowing the firefish to enter it's hole since it doesn't have a shrimp goby buddy? I have a red mirthrax crab and if it goes anywhere near the hole the pistol starts kicking sand and going crazy.

pictures wouldn't be to exciting, they are never seen at the same time since the firefish simple either dashes in or out of the hole and mr. pistol peeks out before/after. Though I can try to get some later today when the lights go on.