• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Quarantine

If the fish and every other fish in its tank at the store look perfectly healthy, 2 weeks. If anything even looks a little bit down in the tank it’s a month, and if it’s diseased I do a month after it stops showing symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Thanks. I’ve done the whole hypo salinity for a month followed by a month re-acclimating thing. This is just 4 seemingly healthy fish from Hidden Reef. It’s been a while since I did anything with the tank, like several years, so I was looking for a refresher. Well, my friend was.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now lets be realistic how many people say they qt because its the right thing to do.. But actually don't lol cause ain't nobody got time for That

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I will fully admit I never QT any of my fish. The only time I put a fish in my 'qt tank' was because he was being a bully and needed a timeout.

p.s. this include tangs when I had my larger tank

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
I only quarantine fish if they didn't look right but I quarantine and dip all coral for at least a month.

How do you manage that? My QT tank can sustain fish pretty well (the Mandarin’s a bit challenging because I’m not sure it’s eating) but how do you manage coral in a temporary set up? Do you have spare lighting? A Nano-reef that you keep running?

How do you manage that? My QT tank can sustain fish pretty well (the Mandarin’s a bit challenging because I’m not sure it’s eating) but how do you manage coral in a temporary set up? Do you have spare lighting? A Nano-reef that you keep running?
I have a quarantine tank that runs all the time it's an old biocube 14 with led upgrade

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk