• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

R.I.P Long Tentacle Plate Coral & General Update

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
So I can’t tell you that I had an awesome time at Disney and macna and that nothing bad happen while I was a way because that would be a lie. It’s with a heavy heart I must say I lost my dear plate coral :( it’s kills me and I don’t blame my care taker my flight got pushed so I had to stay an extra two days. But all fun comes at cost.

IMG_0648.jpeg

I have heard of leaving them in there and them growing but I’m just i dont know sad rip long tentacle plate. well let’s keep this update moving along this was my one coral that I bought form Acc bash in that dent tank. Brah some one help me name it. ;) but its not a plate
IMG_0627.jpeg
Next to it is my ugly Scoly that i got from Paul and Eric from Philly Aquatics
IMG_0629.jpeg

Just general mayhem in the tank while I was gone you know what coral doesn’t get moved around by snails and ish ..... plate corals
IMG_0632.jpeg
The mushroom garden is doing ok the St Thomas i got seems to be settling in an swaying a bit but not like a plate coral i miss seeing its chubby little tentacles
IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0638.jpeg
The rainbow acan looking think i picked up looks like it grew a little or at least looks puffed up
IMG_0642.jpeg
I have to give a big thanks to another Eric (@EZreefin) for this and a few other goodies that i dont want to just share just yet its not a plate but i do love it
IMG_0644.jpeg

so this next one is again not a plate coral it may sway now something it was not doing before i left but um ok anyone know what this is ?
i forgot to ask @Mark... when i passed by
IMG_0647.jpeg
Lastly this is my little garden of zoas and palys maybe someone will see this and be like let me help me out.
IMG_0652.jpeg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Rainbow acan is kickin.
Why would you need help with the zoas? They're looking fine.

I have read story that plates looking dead coming back to life ...

Yeah, thats a bad scenario though, if they bite other corals...
Best bet if that happens is to shoot them in the polyp.

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Rainbow acan is kickin.
Why would you need help with the zoas? They're looking fine.

Yeah, thats a bad scenario though, if they bite other corals...
Best bet if that happens is to shoot them in the polyp.

i ment as hopfully some one would see the zoa and be like can trade you one lol