• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAP 2019 Volunteers

Hi folks
This was my first year volunteering @ Reefapalooza. It’s also my first year attending Reefapalooza, and did I had fun? Ahhhh huh, I sure did!

My trip was very short lived to New Jersey.
I am, back in Vermont ...I find myself tonight pausing for a moment from my obligations here, while doing a whole lotta reflecting over my experience @ the Reefapalooza New York event.
As I’m going over things in my brain of the event, it feels somewhat like small clips of slow motion video loops of moments like...
how quick all the 500 swag bags got into the prepaid pass holders hands, as soon as the doors opened Sunday, before I knew it they were all handed out.

(Saturday Sponge told me he was WAY at the end of the Reefapalooza line, and he was IN, into the showroom, in about 7 minutes after the doors opened for business).

Double duty... not only was I checking to see everybody had their bands on, and badges, I some how managed to see how quickly the recipients, got into their bags to check out their loot. I must have seen a thousand pleased eyes.

The crowd was just overall having so much fun, the fellow staffers were fun and the energy of all those who passed by me several times was quick to joke or joke back with me.

How quickly people loved not only getting deals but showing me what they got (ok, true confessions here... I’m a bit jelly of what I was shown), but truly I WAS THRILLED AND HAPPY FOR THEIR FINDS!

Ohhh ...so much eye candy!

Ohhh don’t you worry I got something good! That Mr Sponge (he IS a real nice guy), he picked me up a meat coral, which if he hasn’t posted a pic of it, I trust he will soon.
I really loved the meat coral we got. But another true confession (I never heard of the meat corals before Reefapalooza New York ...which brings me to my observation... isn’t “this” exactly what “they say about the show”, we’ll see things there for the first time, before seeing in any shop/store). WELL, IT WAS TRUE FOR ME!

Although the volunteering was work, I truly loved doing it and I want to be one of the firsts ...sign me up for all 3 days for next year.
Haha
Thanks to all our club members for making it so much fun!