• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAP 2019 Volunteers

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If you still need some help it looks like I can do Sunday, but I do have to cut out at 4 on the mark.
Do you need the small tank?
We should be ok on Sunday assuming everyone shows up.....

For the tank, we have the small club tank that we purchased for last year. So we should be good on that end. Thanx for the offer though bud.

OK, I'm usually very positive.:lemo:

However, my penchant for honest discourse overwhelms me at times (like right now). So, please don't take this the wrong way. :cop: 'Tis merely a lowly mindfart which needs to be passed out at this moment in time... :onthego:

... I sincerely hope NJRC has pre-confirmed NYRAP's need for volunteers with the NYRAP organizers prior to recruiting NJRC volunteers this year.

My other half and I would have offered to volunteer again this year had we not been canceled out last year (and just me several years ago) THE NIGHT BEFORE we were to be there. (Or was it the morning of? Hmmm.... My memory fails me, now. :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: ) BIG disappointment! Took time off, made overnight arrangements, planned to have a friend from L.I. and his kids meet us there, yada, yada, yada. Won't do that again. Silly me for planning. While it's water under the bridge at this point, in hindsight, we would rather have saved the ga$ and toll$ and planned a day to escargot to the beach (where there's also lots of sand, water, pretty fish, fresh air, and maybe, even, some snorkeling) and stop at our fav LFS along our merry way for a few tasty snacks and some delicious Mysis and Nori smoothies . :very_drunk: ☀️

This is not meant to be a nasty critique. All I'm sayin' (besides give peas a chance :kiwi_fruit: ) is please don't overpromise. The temptations of free admission, eye candy and a t-shirt that can't be worn anywhere else are hard to pass up for a lowly slob like me who, otherwise, wouldn't make the hour plus trip on a Saturday to take in the lovely scents and scenery of the NJ Tpk. :whistling: :poop:

This begs the question... Should gifts be used as a lure to snag the next hungry suckerfish, merely to hook' em and toss 'em back in the water? To follow in the late Nancy Reagan's footsteps, may she RIP, I just say NO!

NJRC members have to be worth something. (Don't we?) :pirate: Even if it's just an illusion, I want to feel if I sacrifice my cod-ly self in exchange for items of perceived value that I am worthy of at least being on the menu. Just sayin'!

Oh, wait a minute... Did I just say I wanted to be served up on a platter at Arthur Treatures? Please pray for me. Pressing "Send," now. :ohnoes:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I'm usually very positive.:lemo:

However, my penchant for honest discourse overwhelms me at times (like right now). So, please don't take this the wrong way. :cop: 'Tis merely a lowly mindfart which needs to be passed out at this moment in time... :onthego:

... I sincerely hope NJRC has pre-confirmed NYRAP's need for volunteers with the NYRAP organizers prior to recruiting NJRC volunteers this year.

My other half and I would have offered to volunteer again this year had we not been canceled out last year (and just me several years ago) THE NIGHT BEFORE we were to be there. (Or was it the morning of? Hmmm.... My memory fails me, now. :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: ) BIG disappointment! Took time off, made overnight arrangements, planned to have a friend from L.I. and his kids meet us there, yada, yada, yada. Won't do that again. Silly me for planning. While it's water under the bridge at this point, in hindsight, we would rather have saved the ga$ and toll$ and planned a day to escargot to the beach (where there's also lots of sand, water, pretty fish, fresh air, and maybe, even, some snorkeling) and stop at our fav LFS along our merry way for a few tasty snacks and some delicious Mysis and Nori smoothies . :very_drunk: ☀️

This is not meant to be a nasty critique. All I'm sayin' (besides give peas a chance :kiwi_fruit: ) is please don't overpromise. The temptations of free admission, eye candy and a t-shirt that can't be worn anywhere else are hard to pass up for a lowly slob like me who, otherwise, wouldn't make the hour plus trip on a Saturday to take in the lovely scents and scenery of the NJ Tpk. :whistling: :poop:

This begs the question... Should gifts be used as a lure to snag the next hungry suckerfish, merely to hook' em and toss 'em back in the water? To follow in the late Nancy Reagan's footsteps, may she RIP, I just say NO!

NJRC members have to be worth something. (Don't we?) :pirate: Even if it's just an illusion, I want to feel if I sacrifice my cod-ly self in exchange for items of perceived value that I am worthy of at least being on the menu. Just sayin'!

Oh, wait a minute... Did I just say I wanted to be served up on a platter at Arthur Treatures? Please pray for me. Pressing "Send," now. :ohnoes:

Pat
Last year they got real weird on us for some reason. We were forced to turn folks away, they didnt want to provide us with lunch tickets, they kept all of the extra goodie bag items, along with a few other strange things

*Mind you, all that were never an issue for us in the past.

We've sent them the list of members coming on each day and they have given us the "Ok" on it...so we should be good there

Free admission yes for all volunteers even if we have to pay for it. If they don't provide us with lunch tickets, we will purchase lunch for the volunteering members. Free shirts or free anything, if we get em, then we will give em. I myself didnt get a free shirt last year so...

Should things change, I will give enough notice as humanly possible. I'm collecting phone numbers so that I can stay in contact with folks.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
as much I wanna help, I'm just hoping I'm good to go by that date. getting a surgery on my back due to car accident. hopefully I can at least walk !! HOPE to see you all there !!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

as much I wanna help, I'm just hoping I'm good to go by that date. getting a surgery on my back due to car accident. hopefully I can at least walk !! HOPE to see you all there !!

Good luck. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Reactions: DEL
Pat
Last year they got real weird on us for some reason. We were forced to turn folks away, they didnt want to provide us with lunch tickets, they kept all of the extra goodie bag items, along with a few other strange things

*Mind you, all that were never an issue for us in the past.

We've sent them the list of members coming on each day and they have given us the "Ok" on it...so we should be good there

Free admission yes for all volunteers even if we have to pay for it. If they don't provide us with lunch tickets, we will purchase lunch for the volunteering members. Free shirts or free anything, if we get em, then we will give em. I myself didnt get a free shirt last year so...

Should things change, I will give enough notice as humanly possible. I'm collecting phone numbers so that I can stay in contact with folks.

Thanks Marcus for organizing this. Worse comes to worse I’m at RAP early and I get to take it all in. Looking forward to helping, and checking out the floor. I’m fixing to find me a clam.

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Praying for a speedy recovery

Reactions: DEL

erics210

NJRC Member
RiverSwami, Thats a tough story.

I volunteered last year for Sunday. I didn't do it to avoid a $20 entry fee. I liked helping, but was working the door and it was a lot of work.
Preventing free entries. Assisting people who had no clue what to do. and even extra info for family groups...

I was a tough cookie. Even giving big time vendors issues when no pass! lol

We did get a little break for lunch last year. I remember me and Mark grabbing some food and eating behind the curtain for a moment of peace. It was tough to find time to take a break.
I think I was expecting more appreciation from the event staff and security managers/coordinators. As we were volunteers!
Hey, doing a good job!, said noone ever...

As much as I would have liked to do it again, I am not sure I could physically even do an ENTIRE day year as I have been having some throat/neck issues.
Maybe next time.

Still looking forward to it!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I agree Eric. The event staff were not very welcoming last year.
I will see how it goes this year.