• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAP expectations

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
It really depends on what you are looking for. Can you get discounted stuff the first day, yes as long as it is not the new hot corals that everyone wants and won't be marked down. If you spend the time to look around you can find some awesome corals that have been in the hobby for years at great prices. Also, not having to pay shipping and worrying about shipping is a discount in itself. Yes on Sundays, vendors do look to unload some corals at a discount so they don't have to bring it home. Cash is king for this, so start hitting the atm now. Again, be respectful of the vendors and their time and prices, they will work with you if you are willing to work with them.

The three times i have gone, twice I left with nothing. Apart from the expensive vendors that come in, it is a lot local stores I generally wouldn't buy from. The time I did come back with frags, upon inspection and dipping then, i ended up throwing them out due to aefw.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
If you see something you like but feel it's a little high then I would make an offer to the vendor. Worse they can say is no. I've found most are willing to work with you. Also CASH IS KING. You'll always get a better price mentioning cash.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
If you see something you like but feel it's a little high then I would make an offer to the vendor. Worse they can say is no. I've found most are willing to work with you. Also CASH IS KING. You'll always get a better price mentioning cash.
Nice to hear it from a vendor. [emoji765][emoji765][emoji765]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DangerDave

NJRC Member
It was a really cool day, got to hang out and help out with some great people. I had a blast! I got a few nice things at great prices...but I wasn’t looking for anything new, just really nice examples of specific, common in the hobby, corals.

I ended up with 18 frags and a couple small colonies. Nearly bought a trio on anthias, but they couldn't figure if they had Square or not. I used Apple Pay with four places, and for all of them that was the first time they'd every used it. So convenient, sends me an email receipt automagically. Regret not getting the fish, they looked nice.