• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Re-Birth of the 150 DSPS Mixed Reef

So as my adventure continued we ended up stopping at none other than OG II for the last 2 ATI Blue+ Bulbs they had in stock!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back home I dipped and acclimated my new corals.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

IMG_0284 (Medium) by Asonitez, on Flickr

IMG_0285 (Medium) by Asonitez, on Flickr

NO SPACE!!!! Wall to WALL corals..... Now that my Main tank is back in action I think its time to start moving stuff back into the big tank.. Even though the majority of all my SPS Are in the main tank I still do have a few frags hanging out in the frag tank awaiting Gluing. So..... This early morning update is for just that reason.... After this and a bit of cleanup... Time to start Gluing Frags.

Gotta go up the street to fish factory for the ATI bulbs. You were probably pretty close to me. I was just at Jay's a few weeks ago to pick up a reef tech monti. He has a great tank.

As to the hidden reef they have actually gone down hill over the last year or so. They used to be better.

UGH! There was another reef store in the area? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't belive I missed out.

Much smaller but a far better selection of fish and coral. Which doesn't say much. Im 15 min from both and I would go out of my way to go to AO and OG2

Much smaller but a far better selection of fish and coral. Which doesn't say much. Im 15 min from both and I would go out of my way to go to AO and OG2

x2 the only reason I make it to HR is if im low on salt & we don't have a GB coming up by the time I need it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
UGH! There was another reef store in the area? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't belive I missed out.

Hidden Reef and The Fish Factory

Always go to both when I’m out there…..A right out of Hidden Reef, a left at the light, and a few miles down on the right….next to a go-go bar…. 3021 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA 19007

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't see a difference :)

Brandon, can’t you see the smiles on the fishes faces? :p

Look at the brightness difference, especially noted with the two Vortechs….first picture they are in partial darkness, the second, they have a brighter halo around them.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looking good man! those T5's really do the trick. I need to get mine in ASAP.

New Pics!

I've been playing around alot with photography and even picked up a portrait lens for my NikonD40 fr0om adorama that I have been playing around with. I was shooting the tank under the Blue's and this is what I came up with.

DSC_0686 by Asonitez, on Flickr

DSC_0678 by Asonitez, on Flickr

DSC_0652 by Asonitez, on Flickr

DSC_0619 by Asonitez, on Flickr

DSC_0615 by Asonitez, on Flickr

Just as the T5's turned off I took this one. I thought the shadows were cool and scary

DSC_0649 by Asonitez, on Flickr

Great to meet you today! Your DT is insane in person man.. The colors were insane. And your other DT(frag tank) was packed with so much awesomeness. Quite a collection. Hope the chalices are doing as good. All frags acclimated and All polyps out and enjoying their new home. Thanks again.

Great to meet you today! Your DT is insane in person man.. The colors were insane. And your other DT(frag tank) was packed with so much awesomeness. Quite a collection. Hope the chalices are doing as good. All frags acclimated and All polyps out and enjoying their new home. Thanks again.

It was GREAT meeting you Austin! I can't wait to put the chalices into my Display tank. I think my problem might be I run out of space hehe still lots of space for SPS though!

Nice meeting you tonight and congratulations on the new babies! :excitement: When the clowns get acclimated and adjusted we would love to see a video of them.

Enjoy! & Congratulations again on the new baby!