• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

**Re-home 5-6" Blue Hippo Tang ASAP**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I currently am housing a blue hippo tang in a small tank I have due to a friend breaking down their tank. I need to find this fish a great home ASAP due to the tank being too small. The fish is about 3 years old and is very healthy, great coloring, eats great as well. I'm located in bridgewater Thanks!

-Ryan

Last edited:
I have interest in him my concern is that I have 2 tangs already 1yellow belly hippo about 3" and 1 kole tang slightly larger there house in a 90 gallon and theres plenty of swimming room do you think adding him will be fine I feel bad that he's in a ten gallon

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
just remember, they get to be a foot long, and will be aggressive to each other or other tangs. i have a 135g 4 foot tank and i personally wouldn't put a hippo in there, i probably would want a 6 foot tank at least for their final home. full grown they will be 1/4 the length of the tank, won't have much room to swim, and will get pissed off easily.

Yea I've been doing some research and it's the only thing really holding me back I know they get big and I do plan on upgrading to a bigger tank it seems like if there is a size difference there fine till they get bigger then if tank us to small they become hostile. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be ready to upgrade for like 5 yes as a want a 300g tank and I will need to find a house not apt for that. And I'm sure two will out grow my 90 in 2 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.