• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Recipes

Went out last week fishing and finally caught my 1st ever Striper. And now looking for recipes to cook this fish. So far I've blackened it and that's it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450705635.487811.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! Nice looking fish. Looks like a keeper.

My wife and I like the following recipe that we use for Salmon. Can't see why it wouldn't work for any other fish.

Firecracker Salmon Marinade

For 8 - 4 oz salmon

Marinade recipe:

1/2 cup peanut oil
4 TBSP soy
4 TBSP balsamic vinegar
4 TBSP green onions (scallions)
3 TSP brown sugar
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 1/2 TSP ground ginger
2 TSP red pepper flakes
1 TSP sesame oil
1.2 TSP salt

Directions:

Mix all ingredients; marinate fish; grill 10 min for each 1" of thickness.

Wow! Nice looking fish. Looks like a keeper.

My wife and I like the following recipe that we use for Salmon. Can't see why it wouldn't work for any other fish.

Firecracker Salmon Marinade

For 8 - 4 oz salmon

Marinade recipe:

1/2 cup peanut oil
4 TBSP soy
4 TBSP balsamic vinegar
4 TBSP green onions (scallions)
3 TSP brown sugar
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 1/2 TSP ground ginger
2 TSP red pepper flakes
1 TSP sesame oil
1.2 TSP salt

Directions:

Mix all ingredients; marinate fish; grill 10 min for each 1" of thickness.
Thanks. I'll give this a try. I have plenty of fish to try several different recipes since I caught that guy and another. 39.5" and a 28". And it's my father and me that eats fish in my house.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If you have a little left over meat you can boil it and pull it apart and make striper salad. Add some mayo, onion and celery some spices and mix it. Just like chicken or pasta salad.