• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Bugs ...still the scourge of SPS?

When I last had my tank in shape, I somewhat regularly received SPS corals infected with red bugs. The last time I was treating for them, led to a DOH moment which killed all my SPS coral.

I am sure red bugs are still around, but curious how often reefers are still seeing them surface? Previously I found reefers had them and didn't know it. Their size can really make it challenging.

Others current experiences? Are there better dips out there now? Everyone quarantining?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bayer dips, and there's a dog med that you can put into the tank directly for them, I've used it before for black bugs, used to be interceptor, I used sentinel as it was available, I think interceptor may come back on the market though.

Bayer dips, and there's a dog med that you can put into the tank directly for them, I've used it before for black bugs, used to be interceptor, I used sentinel as it was available, I think interceptor may come back on the market though.

I used to use interceptor, but it's a PITA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The only pain i can remember with the meds were pulling the skimmer and gfo for a few days, but one dose and i had no more bugs.

Just went through a Red bug infestation. Got chewable interceptor and took care of the bugs completely. Didn't lose any cleaner shrimp either.

Took carbon and shut off my skimmer while I was at work. Came home did 20% water change and put skimmer on and ran carbon. Everything is fine.