• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red bugs

Well it appears my dipping regiment has failed me. I have red bugs. I noticed when making some room on the frag rack I picked up a acro that has never really amounted to anything and there they were. I know what the treatment is and I know it's very hard to come by these days but does anyone happen to have any interceptor laying around?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John, while you're waiting for Interceptor, dip your frags in Bayer Advanced.....I use 1 ml per 100 mls tank water for about 15 minutes. If you don't have any, I can let you have some of mine.

Jgraz I might have a pill. I prefer to meet in a brightly lit parking lot. No cops >.> Tang police :embarassed: Tang police

(I'll check and PM you later if I got enuff for treatment. How much volume you treating?)

John, while you're waiting for Interceptor, dip your frags in Bayer Advanced.....I use 1 ml per 100 mls tank water for about 15 minutes. If you don't have any, I can let you have some of mine.

I'm gonna pick it up on my way home. I'll never use coral Rx again. I actually dipped a frag this morning, double strength, 20 min later the bugs were still running around in the water.
I've read somewhere that interceptor is still readily available in Canada. Not sure how true or not it is but I did find an online pet meds based in Canada that claims they have it. If I can't find it close to home I'll just spend the extra and give that a try.

Jgraz I might have a pill. I prefer to meet in a brightly lit parking lot. No cops >.> Tang police :embarassed: Tang police

(I'll check and PM you later if I got enuff for treatment. How much volume you treating?)

About 100 running gal. Let me know. Thx.

Have you tried a vets office? My vet has it but it is very limited stock. The last time I got some for my dog they gave it to me in a different dose than normal. They keep giving it to me in 3 month increments.

Have you tried a vets office? My vet has it but it is very limited stock. The last time I got some for my dog they gave it to me in a different dose than normal. They keep giving it to me in 3 month increments.

Problem is, I got no dog, so there is no reason to give it to me. Hopefully Asonietz will have it, if not I look north.

Crap! How long do you think you've had em? Your stuff looks great. I'm guessing you treat the entire tank..

Not sure how long. Yep have to treat the whole tank. But I have to take out the hermits first, which I already started. The rest will be just fine.

Well I starting pulling the hermits tonight in anticipation of possibly getting some interceptor soon. I was hoping to get most of them but I guess not. It seems like many are in hard to reach spots. Hopefully I'll get some more tomorrow. They will all go into my sons sump for the time being. As for shrimp, well luckily I haven't added any yet. So no worries there, and no crabs either. So it the hermits and that's it. That's all for now.

Well I starting pulling the hermits tonight in anticipation of possibly getting some interceptor soon. I was hoping to get most of them but I guess not. It seems like many are in hard to reach spots. Hopefully I'll get some more tomorrow. They will all go into my sons sump for the time being. As for shrimp, well luckily I haven't added any yet. So no worries there, and no crabs either. So it the hermits and that's it. That's all for now.

Dont feed the tank for a day, and then feed in one small spot in the front of the tank. The crabs should work their way over pretty quickly.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Dont feed the tank for a day, and then feed in one small spot in the front of the tank. The crabs should work their way over pretty quickly.

That is an awesome advice from a bright girl! I was going to say take a bottle and put some shrimp in it and they will go ALL IN :)

What about snails? You don't need to take snails out?

That's a great idea Nikki. These guys move fast when I feed normally, I can't imagine how fast they wold go after a forced fasting.

Sunny, only shrimp and crabs will be affected. Snails, stars, stomatellas all make it through. Of course my pod population will also be decimated, but between the 2 wrasses' I'm not even sure there is much there anyway.

YO I got the pill Jgraz not sure how im gonna get it to you. You are a hike away. The pill I got is for big dogs so it should last you a few treatments depending on your water volume. its for 51-100lb dogs approx 23.0MG I'm located in East Orange, NJ

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG