• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Nori

radiata

NJRC Member
Most available Nori is green. I believe in dietary variety for my critters, and recently came across a red Nori.

Enter this in Amazon's search bar:

100 Sheets (6.7oz) Dried Kelp Seaweed Nori Raw Unseasoned Snack Sushi

1694457385106.png

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Bob, you have to go to H Mart. The one I go to is in Edison on Route 27. I know they have a couple stores around NJ. They are the cleanest and most well stocked oriental store I've ever seen. Their nori selection is very large. I buy both dark green and purple nori. I do wish they had more English on their packaging, because the other issue is the thickness of different brands. I prefer the thicker variety, but it's not obvious on the labeling (unless it's in Korean, which I can't read.) One issue I have with what you posted is that it's listed as kelp. I purchase a very large package of kelp (like three feet long) a couple years ago thinking it was very cost effective....very little money for a whole lot of algae. Well, one issue....the fish didn't touch it. Ended up throwing that away. Let us know how it works out.

radiata

NJRC Member
One thing I dislike about Nori is that some seem to have a grading system based on colors. A description that says RED doesn't mean that the Nori is RED.

Bob, you have to go to H Mart. The one I go to is in Edison on Route 27. I know they have a couple stores around NJ. They are the cleanest and most well stocked oriental store I've ever seen. Their nori selection is very large. I buy both dark green and purple nori. I do wish they had more English on their packaging, because the other issue is the thickness of different brands. I prefer the thicker variety, but it's not obvious on the labeling (unless it's in Korean, which I can't read.) One issue I have with what you posted is that it's listed as kelp. I purchase a very large package of kelp (like three feet long) a couple years ago thinking it was very cost effective....very little money for a whole lot of algae. Well, one issue....the fish didn't touch it. Ended up throwing that away. Let us know how it works out.
Just use Google translate and take pictures of it. It'll translate it for you. It works surprisingly well once you get the hang of it