• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sand Dunellin

here are plenty more. some are better than others. He has plenty of SPS frags. Plenty of leathers. frogspawn/hammers

frag rack
P1010056.jpg

colony
P1010055.jpg

two inch+ frags
P1010054.jpg

display tank
P1010053.jpg

display tank
P1010052.jpg

zoos
P1010051.jpg

open brains
P1010050.jpg

clams
P1010049.jpg

frogspawn
P1010048.jpg

green mushroom rocks
P1010047.jpg

leathers
P1010046.jpg

you should stop by for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixed image tags...phil519

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Excellent, Thanks for the pics. Doug is taking me there tonight to get me a Valentine's Day present. What a guy!! ;D

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Feng is a great guy and I will definitely be going back there. The 600 gallon display tank is great and it is hard to believe it has only been up for a year. His prices are very good. For a small store this one is definitely worth a look.

I think I am going to check out this place. Looks better than the other retailers in the area for serious reefers. Hope this guy knows what he is talking about. That would be a welcome surprise considering there are no SPS experts in this area.

splash.jpg

Thanks for the Pics Professor. I'm prolly going to meet with Feng after hours for a Photoshoot for the site. I'll let you know when I'm stopping in.

Wow, Feng is a super nice guy, and was so willing to share his knowledge. I went there today for the first time, and prices were very good on livestock. I winded up purchasing 20 lbs of live rock he actually gave me 23 llbs and only charge 5.00 per pound. I can't wait to get back to purchase some fish

Real nice guy. We were in the other day and reserve about 200 lbs of real nice rock. Going to pick it up in a few days. The replacement tank is scheduled to be here on Wednesday. :)

Strongly suggest you check out this store and bring some cash!

Feng's Defiantly a great guy, knowledgeable and generous without a doubt. After visiting his store a couple of times and talking to him, I got really interested in Reef tanks, specially with his own custom built display tank in front. In fact, he's helping me set up my tank conversion too (freshwater to salt).

The prices are great and and theres a wide variety of specimen to choose from. Overall Red Sand is great for coral and marine life, but there's still freshwater stuff there too, though Feng's strong point is in his reefing. Would rather go to Red Sand than a majority of other lfs in the area thanks to the warm service.

+1. Feng is a great guy. He is one of few LFS owners who is actually interested in the well being of your tank- he knows a lot, and if he doesn't know it, he will pull out one of his books, and look it up. He is also willing to work with you on prices, which is a great attribute. What amazes me is everything is sooo healthy- but that's just a reflection of Feng's knowledge.

Hey all,
Just heard of Red Sand a couple of days ago, and I live in the area. Never knew Feng was there. Went there this past Saturday and picked up some frags from Feng. Great little store and Feng is genuinely a nice guy. I would have liked to have seen the 600 gallon in operation but it is no longer. I know I will be stopping back often and buying frequently from him.

Be sure to spread the word about his nice little store located across from the post office in Dunellen. His sign is easy to miss, mostly hidden by a tree located just in front of his store.

Good luck Feng, I will be sure to spread the word about your store.

Coolhand / Chris

Feng said it was to much to maintain. He built an L shaped in the back of the store to take the place of it, and has a few more going up. One is going to be lps , one sps , softies, etc.... I'd say give another week then stop back in to see his progress.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What a shame! That 600g was really amazing. It looked so clean it must have maintained itself, so I'm surprised that he had to take it down. :-(

malulu

NJRC Member
the 600g was full and do not have much room left... so he make a new tank with narrower and longer, so he can put in more stuffs...

and maintaining the 600g also tough, all the stuffs under the stand, hard to reach area...etc, the new big tank is now in the back closed to all the plumbing, and the sump and skimmer are in easier reach positions...

BUT he miss calculated on the sump's volume, now, he can not stop the pump, it have to be on all the time, if the pump stop, he will have flood... ::) of course he is actively *thinking* how to over come that problem...
:p