• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red sea wavemaker/koralia pumps

In need of some help i have the koralia pumps connected to red sea wavemaker and when they start up they make a loud click sound. Does any one else have this problem and is there a way to elimante this. I missed the forum on this topic please any info would be great. Thanks

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You aren't going to fix that problem, the Koralia are not made to be put on a wavemaker. The sound you hear is the prop starting up and being kicked into turning the right direction.

wow that sucks i thought i read a brief discription on how someone used some air line tubing. I might be taking out the wavemaker it doesnt allow me to sleep at times and it really makes me feel like its going to damage the powerheads

it will damage the powerheads and void your warranty. There has been some people that used them on seio controllers, you can slow them down, they can't be turned on and off, but it will still void the warranty if they do break.

The controllable ones do have the same problem, but the way they control them is not to start and stop them, but to slow them down then speed them up.

Yea thats much better then a complete stop but koralia controller is so expensive. Guess im going to have to part with my red sea wavemaker dont know why would they design something like that. The only reason i like it is the option to shut off all powerheads for feeding. :-[

Is there any powerheads that will work with this wavemaker or are they all gonna make that sound like they are about to explode in a bunch of pieces :'(

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know that Maxi-Jets are sold as part of some wave-making packages.

Bob

Yea that suck cuz i just ordered two brand new koralia number 5 to go along with the two numer 3 i have. DOnt know what to do might remove the wavemaker

koralia does have it own wavemaker but it is expensive and it only allow for two pumps they have ones that controll four pumps but there even more expensive. Overall looks really

Thought so. I bought my koralias before the wavemaker came out and remember being pretty mad that they couldn't be used on their wavemaker. Just got my used Tunze (haven't hooked it up yet) so don't care so much anymore.

yea i hear you i just order two more pumps as well with a total of four. but from what i was told they still make the clicking sound but not as bad.

My koralias also start up too fast and has a tendancy to shoot off the nose guard. Really upset because it's now fallen all the way behind all the rocks. Don't think I can get to it without another tank breakdown.