• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reef breeders led

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the d120 fixture that I purchased off of ebay….exact fixture that Reefbreeders sells as their “value” fixture. You can see details HERE, post 24.

I’m very happy with the fixture.

I have 2 controllable units over my 55 gal from them. Work fine and have set up my own programmable lighting schedule. No issues.

Not sure of the size. I do know they have a longer unit. Not the one I have, it's roughly the same size as the Chinese fixtures people have gotten. Came with 90 optics and the colors really do make the corals pop. If I upgrade I should still be fine for just the 2 units.

I don't own one yet but I'm gonna go with the 24" programable one over my 40 breeder. Here is a link to another thread talking about them. In the last post on first page I linked 2 YouTube videos of a guy revewing the fixture. They really look great.

http://www.njreefers.org/showthread.php?81686-good-cheap-LED

Yea I was thinking about that fixture. I could add leds to mine, but I am getting lazy and lacking times with my kids.. Haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yea when I asked him about the optics he said he was getting 400 par and the sand bed with the 90 optics. So with the 120 it will be alil bit less but then I wouldn't get the spot light look and get better spread for the whole tank.