• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reef Growth way too slow Need Advice

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Not many ways to raise ph if you had a skimmer you could use a co2 scrubber. kalk will raise it also you can drip it or use it with an ato. Ph of 7.8 is not horrible coral will definitely grow better with a higher ph but it's not that big of a deal.
You know i was told to get a air pump really small want and do like an air stone people said that’ll bring it up alittle but make a lot of salt all over think it’s worth it or not

I've done these things struggling with the low ph. I opened the windows, I put the air stone in, finally I've drilled the house walls and run the outside air line. All those things didnt budge the ph. What took the ph past steady sub 8s was kalkwasser in the ato. Guess it is true, ya can lead a horse to water....

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Also heard a lot of people get a small bag of crushed coral and add it to their filter since i have a hang on the back with a lot of room maybe adding a small bag will help?