• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reef Octopus Extreme 200

Who knows something about the extra propeller and the mesh that comes with the unit? It's just sitting there and I may be missing something good.

Let me know...

Thanks,

Erik

The Sicce pump right? Do you have a white needle wheel at the moment?
If yes to both then you can get an addition amount of air with the yellow wheel with the mesh mod. But let me tell you it comes at a bit of a price. It is finicky starting, bit loud, and gets a bit unbalanced. If you look out there there is also a new purple needle wheel that is supposed to have additional volume equal to the mesh mod....and also(though have not found it) a red wheel that is unidirectional to stop problems with the pump going in wrong direction. Since you have both you can give the mesh mod a shot and see how you like it. I am probably going for the purple wheel on mine sometimes soon.

I don't have the Octopus skimmer but the Sicce pump

Thanks Buddy. I'm assuming I have the white wheel because I have the yellow propeller and the mesh on the side.
Sounds like a pain in the a--. Is it that much of an increase where it would be worth it?

I don't know to be honest. Mine was mesh moded when I bought it but something is slightly out of whack now and makes more noise then it did. There are a couple vids on how to change the wheels...all you have to do is google sicce and pinwheel. Also I think Danial posted a DIY tool for the pump using a plastic T PVC pipe...used it and it is great. For the wheel housing.
If it runs smoothly and works for you now then don't mess with it. If you are unhappy then give it a try you can always go back.