• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefbreeder leds?

Anyone try these? They have 1 coming in that has an lcd screen on the light u controll it right from that. Think its 299, was thinking of trying it. Has multicolor led, white, 2 blues, green, red, 2 purples. Anyone c them in action?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was looking at these too. Let me know what ur thinking. Im trying to figure out optics.

I would stay away from them for now. The controllable ones are having problems with keeping time but because of the price people are still jumping on them.

If you are just buying 1 then you wont have that problem.I have the standard reef breeders 96w and I love the color and havent had any problems with them but then again there only a couple weeks old.

I heard about the Time issue in another thread. But that guy said it was just because when u unplug them or they lose power , u have to reset the clock. Did u hear anything different?

Funny to see this post. 2 days ago I ordered one. Will get in the next 2 weeks and let you know. They have a 2 year warranty on the piece.

I heard about the Time issue in another thread. But that guy said it was just because when u unplug them or they lose power , u have to reset the clock. Did u hear anything different?

What I read over at RC was that if someone had two of them together, the time would not sync so when the lights came on, one would be on and the other off. On top of that someone else received two of them and supposedly at the same dimming level, one was brighter then the other.

This is all what I heard as hear say but not from actualy use. Im sure the brightness can be fixed with manually adjusting the brightness on each one but the timing issue is much different.

Heres the link to the page with one person talking about the problem.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2211981&highlight=time&page=14

I read that. On page 18 he tells u they messed up on some of the clock settings so they r sending out replacement LCD screens and have corrected the problem