• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefer Nirvana!

Sometime ago someone started a thread, it might have been John, about how much time you spend watching your tank.

It was amazing how little time the majority of folks spent watching their tanks as compared to working on them, researching, posting on the web, etc.!

Well I have to say, I have achieved Reefer Nirvana!

Since I completed my 180 upgrade:

I now watch my tank more than I work on it.

I now watch my tank more than I surf RC or other sites.

And I now watch my tank more than I post on NJRC! I only post as much as I do because I get bored at work!

So if you are wondering where I am, I'm in front of the tank, sometimes with a visiting reefer, many times with my buddy Jack!

i could do so many things with that comment.. *reminds self family site, family site* ::)
This is why the wireless laptop is great you can surf and watch the tank. I can't wait to get my couch downstairs

Why am I not surprised this went where it did! ::)

Of course for those who are still working it out, my friend Jack's full name is Jack Daniels. Old number 7.

blange3 said:
Why am I not surprised this went where it did! ::)

Of course for those who are still working it out, my friend Jack's full name is Jack Daniels. Old number 7.

ROFLMAO. Thanks for the clarification, Bill. I was clueless - as usual. :p

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MAVL666 said:
Would that be a group by for J.D. ;D

Anyone who knows Bill knows that he manages an on-going "group buy" for JC - noble work indeed!

I would have thought that I'd be spending a lot of time in front of my tank lately. Unfortunately, looking for a job is MUCH HARDER than having a job! Sheesh, I haven't worked this much in 10 years! I'll be glad when I can get back to enjoying it.

That's great Bill. I too feel I am in a good place with my tank, things are going well in there, and I am spending a lot of time watching my current "bouquet" of fishes and coral. Very stressful at work right now and a little face time with my reef lets me empty my mind of worldly things, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Hey, was that a red bug?

Congrats...I spend more time enjoying then working on it..but throw in the reading and NJRC and I am way out of balance.

jtravapd said:
nice...can you post some pictures of your 180?

I'm not a good photographer. There are some over here. Page back for some early full tank shots.

I need to get some more, some cool things going on lately. ;)