• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ReeFi Lighting?

Anyone use the Reefi light? Someone mentioned it to me and it seems pretty comparable and surpasses the big dogs.....

Been using three uno 2.0 pro's over my 150 60" tank for 10 months now. Couldn't be happier with the lights and the support. Extremely good quality build and best spectrum and par on the market for sure.

Been using three uno 2.0 pro's over my 150 60" tank for 10 months now. Couldn't be happier with the lights and the support. Extremely good quality build and best spectrum and par on the market for sure.
Getting good growth I assume? How is the web interface? Would prefer an app, but doesn't seem available

Getting good growth I assume? How is the web interface? Would prefer an app, but doesn't seem available
Someone asked about an app on the FB group the other day, Daniel responded he did web because he doesn't wanna make an app so doesn't look like ittl happen. Unless they take off and the demand is there.

Growth has been better than any led fixture I've had, closest being the DIY full spectrum one I made when the first gen AIs came out. Awesome spread, not getting much shadowing and coloration on corals is great. I run em at about a 12-14k setting in the day and heavy blues towards the beginning and end, with the (ACTUAL) UV spectrum cranked up.

20230728_164709.jpg

They are super powerful though so rent a par meter because you'll be cooking stuff. Readings in the pic are at roughly 37% output from each fixture. Insane.
Par.jpg

This looks pretty promising as well as everything else I have been reading. Looks like I'm leaning this way once I get the new tank. Would definitely prefer an app, but I guess it's not a deal breaker.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I looked on their website about coverage but couldn't find it. Does anyone know what area a Uno 2.0 covers when 9 - 10" above the water?

I looked on their website about coverage but couldn't find it. Does anyone know what area a Uno 2.0 covers when 9 - 10" above the water?
Could run at least 24x24 with the included 120 degree reflectors. Probably 30x30 with 160, which is no reflectors.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Could run at least 24x24 with the included 120 degree reflectors. Probably 30x30 with 160, which is no reflectors.
I’m looking to upgrade to an IM 200EXT tank next year and looking to these for my lighting but not sure if I should get the Pro’s or the Duo’s and turn the Duo’s perpendicular. I’m a bit confused because it seems that the Duo’s have less output than the Pro’s.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Someone asked about an app on the FB group the other day, Daniel responded he did web because he doesn't wanna make an app so doesn't look like ittl happen. Unless they take off and the demand is there.

Growth has been better than any led fixture I've had, closest being the DIY full spectrum one I made when the first gen AIs came out. Awesome spread, not getting much shadowing and coloration on corals is great. I run em at about a 12-14k setting in the day and heavy blues towards the beginning and end, with the (ACTUAL) UV spectrum cranked up.

View attachment 51906

They are super powerful though so rent a par meter because you'll be cooking stuff. Readings in the pic are at roughly 37% output from each fixture. Insane.
View attachment 51905
That’s pretty impressive for only 37% output. Can you share your schedule? I just ordered 3 for my 6’ 120 gallon and looking at settings for the lights.

That’s pretty impressive for only 37% output. Can you share your schedule? I just ordered 3 for my 6’ 120 gallon and looking at settings for the lights.
Definitely a simple schedule, you can make a lot of intervals if you'd like. Ramp up and ramp down periods are on the bottom of each profile, and that's good enough for me.

Growth and color are pretty awesome, and they run cool and are silent. You'll be extremely happy you gave em a chance - congrats on saving $xxxx not going with the big names. Happen to also get a way better light and 3x longer warranty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815_220528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_220528_Chrome.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230815_220525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_220525_Chrome.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230815_220523_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_220523_Chrome.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230815_220519_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_220519_Chrome.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 10

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I just set up the light s but I’m having a hard time connecting them to our wifi, did you have any issues?