• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reefkeeper 2 options

So I acquired a reefkeeper 2 and to be honest this will be my first tank with any type of controller. So my question is since it’s not a apex do I have any options at all or just PH and temp. I have the display and 8 plug controller so I know I can do lights heaters on and off. So is that it just on/off? Not sure what the apex has that the reefkeeper doesn’t so any help would be great.
Thanks

You need to complicate it yourself. You’re limited to pH, temp, salinity, and ORP probes. The pH probe can warn you of a doser failure in the case of an alk overdose since it raises pH. Salinity not only monitors but will let you know if your ATO is not working or fails and dumps too much freshwater in. You can program the RK to kill power to these if certain parameters are met, set timers, keep a very stable temp, run powerheads on cycles with/against each-other and at certain modes (like random). The ReefKeeper is not as complex as Apex, but definitely is a good entry level controller. All of the basic needs can be met using it, but the Apex can let you get that extra oomph for the fancier stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk