• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

refuge requirements?

that'll work for the 55..
but the bigger the better!
it's easy to control tank parameters with a larger sump.
They won't swing as much...

You should be fine with that, but it will better if you could have 2x 10g tank side by side. Make a small stand using 2x4's so one is higher than the other one, use the the higher one as a refugium and the lower one as the sump/equipment tank. Also T off from your return line into the refugium using a 3/4" hose and a ball valve so you could control water flow to the refugium. Don't forget to drill the refugium tank at the top of one the side using a 1" diamond drill bit so you could have the water drain to your sump.

NewImage.jpg

unfortunately created it with baffles already with silicone and cut my fingers pretty good. so i don't think i'll change it for a good 2 months. just wanted to verify.

I have a 55 with a 10gal diy fish tank fuge under it. I have it divided like this 5x10x4 with a bubble 1" bubble trap. 1st chamber has a HOB skimmer on it and live rocks 2nd is sand a chaeto 3rd is the pump. I added tigger pods and some other brand of pods and now I see all 3 chambers loaded with them 3 months later. I thought the skimmer would kill the pods but they live int hat chamber with the skimmer just fine. I have aluminum light fixture i got from lowes and a 7 watt 5500k compact flor bulb on it on the chaeto grows very fast.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=203213-1373-FL-300PDQ12&lpage=none