• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Refugium light

I’m wondering what everyone is using for light in the refugium light? There seems to be a lot to pick from the HD $5 clip on light to the kessil high dollar one.
Any info would be great thanks

I used the kessil H80. Outgrew my fuge ever other week. I dont mind the price tag on good lights. You pay for what you get

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Understand that I was looking at them not bad on price. How big is your sump? 1 should work for my refugium measurements 8x11

Fuge was about the same size. I have my h80 with goose neck im going to sell if your interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I’ve used the standard HD lamps with 10,000K screw in bulbs before with some success but currently I am using a 150W 10,000K metal halide fixture that grows macros like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are running that amazon light now? Have you tested par or anything? I'm curious how u think it bombs more chaeto than the kessil. I seem to be having steady growth with 2 taotronics led bulbs over a 29 gallon chaeto fuge.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
You are running that amazon light now? Have you tested par or anything? I'm curious how u think it bombs more chaeto than the kessil. I seem to be having steady growth with 2 taotronics led bulbs over a 29 gallon chaeto fuge.

I havent tested PAR but their is a long thread on these types of lights on R2R, this is also the first light that I have had success with growing cheato in abundance. I had to take it offline since the cheato was stripping my tank.

different strokes, for different folks. not saying other lights don't work or anything and if you find your setup working well for you then dont fix whats not broken but if I were to set up another cheato fuge, i'd be grabbing the 150w UFO style lights