• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Regal not eating

Got a regal in quarantine and he is not eating over a week. I noticed his beak looks damaged or swollen. He is a new fish. I have tried clams, mussels, oysters, and nori. Any ideas or recommendations?
647ad7e1caf0be2baa24983bfbb42e47.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics.. they just dont listen when you say stay or sit..

5a2c5c27d3bef9772cd2c7b75d5eee73.jpg

fb45647fce5d5f19f9e9a915b3605241.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437696414970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437696414970.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 25
live blackworms. add garlic or some other food nutrient like selco. If he consumes the worms, it will be hard to wean him off live foods, but at least he lives. The other possibility would be live brine shrimp. again i'd consider soaking in selco or similar nutrient. garlic may help appetite.

good luck man. This is why i always ask how long the fish has been in the store and whether it is eating. did you buy him online?

live blackworms. add garlic or some other food nutrient like selco. If he consumes the worms, it will be hard to wean him off live foods, but at least he lives. The other possibility would be live brine shrimp. again i'd consider soaking in selco or similar nutrient. garlic may help appetite.

good luck man. This is why i always ask how long the fish has been in the store and whether it is eating. did you buy him online?
Yea i thought about them. I gotta go to trop and get them they usually have them. I figured the clams would have been the trick thou.. No I bought him from a store. He was new and did so much reading with people having luck with clams i figured i was safe and would give it a try...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

When i got mine the only thing I could get it to eat was was NLS pellet food. I would put a few drops of garlic extract on them and toss them in the tank. It took about 6 weeks for it to start eating anything else. Its worth a shot if you havent tried pellets yet.

Mine wouldn't eat for the first couple weeks too I soaked my food in garlic to get her to start eating.she started eating garlic soaked brine shrimp and flake. Now she goes after anything I put in the tank. I found some Astraea stars in my frag tank so I dropped them in the display for my harlaquin shrimp and my Regal ate them!!!